Install Skillsoft Course Manager
You only have to install the SkillSoft Course Manager (SCM) once; however, you must download content for each course you want to take offline.
Although you can use a modem to download the SCM and content, SkillSoft recommends the use of a faster network connection when available.
To install SCM
- Log in to SkillPort.
- Browse the catalog or use SEARCH&LEARN to locate the course that you want to download.
- Move your mouse over the title of the asset, and click the Show Details link that appears.
- Click , and then click OK in the dialog that appears in order to begin installation of SCM.
- In the Language list, select a language for the SCM, and click Install.
- On the Download SkillSoft Course Manager page, do the following:
- Click Show License, read the license agreement that appears in a separate window, and then select the check box to indicate your agreement to its terms.
- Specify the installation options:
Install All Content Players: If you select this option, you will not have to download a course-specific player when you download course content later.
Install Help Files: Downloads the SCM Help documentation.
Install and enable Accessibility support: Installs and enables section 508 support. If you select this option, the ability to select lessons and topics in courses is disabled.
- Click Continue to begin the installation.
Note: There may be a slight delay while the installation application downloads. The installation time depends on your network speed and the options that you specified.
- When the installation is complete, click OK in the pop-up notification window.
- Close and reopen your browser.
- Log back into SkillPort or your LMS site.
The SCM initializes itself.
- Navigate again to the course that you want to download, and download the course.
11/1/2013 5:09:06 PM