Upload a Batch of Users
You can create a batch of new users, or upload a batch of changes to existing users, using the Batch Add/Update page in the Skillport Administrator.
If you need to create just a few users, you can easily create them one at a time; for more information, see Create a User Manually.
Note: You can also upload a batch of groups.
To upload a batch of users
- Click Users & Groups > Batch Add/Update on the navigation bar.
The Batch Add/Update page displays.
Note: If Approval Managers are not enabled on your site, the Send approval manager email to updated user option does not display on the Batch Add/Update page.
- Download the user CSV template:
- Next to the Users field, click Download User Template.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, select the location to save the template, enter a name for the file, and click Save.
Note: If you are using the Safari browser on a Macintosh computer, the template that you download is in TXT format, not CSV format. You must use the CSV file format for the upload.
- Edit the user template, filling in the relevant user data.
- Save the modified template as a CSV file.
- Return to the Batch Add/Update page in Skillport Administrator.
- Next to the Users field, select Add if you are uploading information about new users. Alternatively, select Update if you are uploading changes to the information for existing users.
- Specify the template containing the information to upload:
- Next to the Users field, click Browse.
- In the Choose File dialog box, navigate to the completed template, select it, and click Open.
- If you are uploading new users, and if the Send Welcome email to new user check box is enabled on your site, you can choose whether to send a welcome email. Select the check box to send the email. Alternatively, clear the check box if you do not want to send it.
- If you are updating users, and if the Send approval manager email to updated user check box is enabled on your site, you can choose whether to send a notification email about changes to users' approval managers. Select the check box to send the email. Alternatively, clear the check box if you do not want to send it.
Note: No email is sent if an invalid email address is specified for the user.
- If you have selected to send emails, specify when to send them:
- If you want to send the email immediately after the upload, click Send now.
- If you want to send the email at a specific date and time, click Send later, and then specify the date and time.
If you select to send the notification email at a specific date and time, you cannot change the date or time, or delete emails from the queue.
- To display the number of users to be added, click Validate in the lower-right corner.
- Click Upload.
The upload process begins. If you have a valid email address, an email is sent to you that contains the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of a status report and the date and time that the batch was submitted.
Note: Once processed, the upload records are available in the Batch Upload report, which you can access by clicking Users & Groups > Batch Upload Report in the navigation bar.