The Completion Criteria settings in the Edit Completion Criteria dialog box include the following:
- Minimum Score: The numeric score the learner must meet or exceed to complete a course.
Note: SkillSims ignore all completion criteria except Minimum Score. Even if you set Visitation to Only, SkillSims can only be completed by meeting the specified minimum score.
- Scoring: The logic to apply when determining completion. You can select either of the following:
- Lesson Scoring: In order for the learner to complete the course, each lesson test must have a high score that meets or exceeds the value specified for Minimum Score.
- Course Scoring: In order for the learner to complete the course, the average of all lesson test scores must meet or exceed the value specified for Minimum Score. Tests that have not been attempted are scored as 0.
As an example, assume you set Minimum Score to 80. A learner takes a course with 5 lessons and scores 100% on the first 4 lessons, but she doesn't attempt the last lesson test. If lesson scoring is being used, the course is considered incomplete because the learner did not get at least 80% on all lesson tests. However, if course scoring is being used, the course is marked as complete because the average of all lesson tests (100+100+100+100+0)/5 = 80, which meets the value specified for Minimum Score.
- Require users to complete all the tests by answering all questions in each test:
- For Legacy courses, this option only applies when using course scoring. This is because all tests are required by default for Legacy courses using lesson scoring.
- For CCA courses, this option applies when using either lesson scoring or course scoring. If you select this option, all questions must be answered in all tests in order to complete a course.