Create a Folder
You can create a custom folder in any folder whose contents can be modified. If a folder's contents cannot be modified, the folder is shown with a locked icon ().
To create a custom folder
- Click Content | Catalog on the navigation bar.
The Catalog Manager appears.
- In the Browse Catalog pane, browse to or search for the folder in which to create the custom folder.
- Move your mouse over the folder title, and click the Edit Contents link that appears, as shown below.
(The Edit Contents link appears beside only folders whose contents can be modified.)
The contents of the Edit Contents pane on the right are now filtered to display only the affected folder.
- In the Edit Contents pane, select the folder, and then click New Folder in the upper-right corner of the pane.
- In the New Folder dialog box, enter a name for the new folder.
The folder name can be greater than or equal to 100 characters, and all alphanumeric and special characters that you can enter using the keyboard are permitted except for double-quotes ("") and the backslash (\). In addition, the name must be unique with respect to all other folders in the same location in the Catalog. However, case-sensitivity is considered when determining uniqueness; for example, "Sample Curricula" and "Sample curricula" are considered two unique names.
- Click OK.
The folder is created, and you can now populate it with subfolders and assets as needed. Empty folders do not appear in the Catalog. For more information, see Copy Folders and Assets into Other Folders.
Note: After you are done making changes to the Catalog, you must click Exit to exit the Catalog Manager. Clicking Exit updates the Catalog to reflect your changes.