Manage Information in Tables
Many pages of the user interface display information in a table that you can configure by:
- Sorting by a specific column.
- Showing and hiding columns.
- Filtering the information to include only that which meets specific criteria.
These features are designed to make it easier for you to work with large amounts of data.
To sort by a specific column
- Click the column header. To change the sort order (from ascending to descending or vice versa), click the header again.
To show or hide columns
- Click the down arrow on the right end of any column header, and select Columns from the context menu.
- Select the check box beside each column that you want to show, and clear the check box beside each column that you want to hide.
To filter the information to include only that which meets specific criteria
- Click the down arrow on the right end of the column that contains the type of information for which you want to apply a filter, and select Filters from the context menu.
- Specify the criteria using the available controls. The type of controls available to you depends on the type of information shown in the column.
As an example, in the following image, the administrator is filtering the email templates on the Notification Management page. She is placing a check mark in the My Plan check box, so that only those templates related to the My Plan feature are displayed.
A column that has a filter applied to it has a column header in bold and italics (shown below), so you can easily understand that a filter is in use.
To remove a filter
- Clear the Filters option on the context menu.