Approve or Deny an Asset Request or Waiver
When a user adds an asset that requires approval, or requests a waiver from the asset, the request is sent to the Approval Manager for review and approval or denial.
To review, approve or deny an asset request or waiver
- Log into SkillPort.
- Click My Approvals on the left navigation panel, or click Approval Manager in the top right corner. The Approval Manager page appears:
- Locate the request you want to approve or deny.
Note: Once you approve or deny a waiver, it cannot be undone. Be sure you select the correct request PRIOR to continuing.
- Click . The Request dialog box appears.
- If applicable, review the learner's note.
Note: If a learner's note exceeds the space restraints in a window, an ellipsis (...) appears at the end of the viewable text. To see the learner's note in its entirety, hover your mouse over the ellipsis and the full text appears in a pop-up window.
- If applicable, enter any notes to the user.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Approve to approve the request.
- Click Deny to deny the request. The user must remove the asset(s) you denied.
- Click Cancel to close the Request window without approving or denying the request.
- To view any request in your Approval Manager screen, click the View button.
Once you approve a waiver, the asset:
- Displays on the Completed tab in the learner's MY PROGRESS.
- Displays a status of Completed () in the learner's MY PLAN.
- Displays in the Asset Activity by User and My Plan Detailed reports with a completion date and a status of Waived.