Manage Email Notifications
Percipio Compliance includes a robust email notification feature that can automatically send training status reports to site administrators and supervisors, and training reminder emails to learners.
Email Notifications are used to:
- welcome new users to the site and provide login information
- inform learners about new or overdue course assignments
- provide supervisors and administrators with the current training status of their learners
- inform learners and their administrators when the maximum allowable course test attempts are reached
Use standard emails to start sending notifications right away. You can also use the custom emails to target recipients and refine the type of data and the users included in the output.
Frequently asked questions
Emails are not translated automatically to the learners chosen site language. If you want learners to receive emails in their local language, you need to create the email in that language and send to the specific audience who should receive it.
No. While both reports and email notifications can be used to monitor training status, there is no correlation between the two features.
Reports must be run manually in order to capture current data. You cannot schedule reports to run automatically, and you cannot automatically email them.
Email notifications may be sent on a scheduled basis. Once you configure and activate an email notification, the results are automatically emailed to all recipients that meet the criteria.
Not all the information available in Reports is available in the Email Notifications.
Reports can create results in more than one format.
Use reports when:
- you want immediate access to the data
- you want to format the results in CSV, Web, or PDF output
- you want to see results for specific users or audiences
Use email notifications when:
- you want to send training status and reminder notifications on a recurring, scheduled, basis
- you want to send the notifications to multiple users, administrators, and supervisors at the same time
The Email Notification reports are used to verify if and when email notifications were sent to learners, administrators, and supervisors as expected. If your users indicate they are not receiving training status or training reminder emails, use the Email Notifications Reports as a first step in troubleshooting the issue.
Number of Retry Attempts: The number of days the system tries to resend an email that failed to send the first time. By default, the system attempts to resend a failed email for seven consecutive days. The system sends all emails on a nightly basis