Create Individual Learning Plan Assignments
Content can be assigned to an individual user or to an audience of users.
If a user's learning requirements are different from the requirements for an audience, you can assign training to an individual user as needed.
Individual learning plan assignments take precedence over all other assignments for a user. If a user has the same course assigned through an audience and as an individual learning plan assignment, the individual assignment takes precedence. This means individual requirements can be made less stringent than audience requirements.
Search for the user(s).
In the Search for user by field, type the first letter(s) of the last name.
Optionally, use the drop-down menu to search by Last Name, or User ID.
If desired, filter the users by the Status Active, All or Inactive.
The users are listed under Step 3.
Click Search For User By Demographic.
You may need to reselect the administrative function.
Select a value from a demographic drop-down list.
Optionally, narrow the list of users displayed by selecting additional values from one or more demographic attributes.Note: Users must be assigned all selected demographic values in order to show in the filtered list.
All users that meet the criteria for that demographic attribute are listed.
If you expect to see a filter but don't, someone may have excluded it from the list of filters that display because it contained too many values. When a demographic attribute has too many values, the page may not load. To include it:
- Go to Audiences then Attributes.
- Locate the attribute in the list, unselect the check box in the Exclude from filters list column.
- Select Update. The unchecked attribute displays on all pages where you can filter by demographic attribute.
- Click the user's name.
- Under Select from Library, select one or more courses from the list.
- From the Type drop down, select either Required or Optional. Required assignments have a due date; optional assignments do not have a due date.
- Default value: Required.
- If you set an assignment to optional:
- You cannot set due dates or recurrences. These do not show to users.
- You can only see optional assignments in reports after a user completes them. You cannot see optional assignments in reports if they are not started or in progress.
- You cannot use standard or custom email notifications to notify users of optional assignments.
- Set the Passing Threshold: the score required for a user to achieve a completion. Some SCORM course players control the passing threshold in the course player and will not adhere to the passing threshold set in the LMS.
- Default value: 100%.
- Under Initial Training, select one of the following options:
Optionally, click Get All Users to return all users included in the audiences you own.
To search for users by name:
To search for user by demographic attribute:
The Individual Learning Plan Assignments page displays.
Optionally, narrow the list of courses by selecting a value from the Show drop down, or searching for a course by title.
- Course is due [n] days after receiving requirement.
- Enter the number of days the learner has to complete the assignment after it's added to the Learning Plan.
- Course is due by [date].
- Enter the calendar date the course is due. Due dates and completion dates are in Eastern time.
- Default value: 90 days.
- Recurring by Completion Date (RCD). This is the most stringent assignment type. Users are required to take the course on a recurring basis, and their next due date is calculated from their last completion date. Recurrence is based on the number of days, weeks, or years entered here. After a user completes the course, his or her next due date will be calculated as last completion plus the validity period. You will also specify how many days prior to the recurring due date the course will display or become available on the user’s Learning plan. To make the course available immediately, this number must be one day less than the recurrence period. For example, if you select that the course is due 365 days from the user’s previous completions, and you want to make the course available to the user immediately, the availability value must be set to 364 days.
- Recurring by Due Date (RDD) or Calendar-based. This assignment type allows you to specify a calendar date when all users will be due, regardless of past completion dates. The course will be required on a recurring basis depending on the number of days, weeks or years entered here. In this case, a user’s next due date is calculated as previous due date plus the validity period.
- One Time Only. Learning plan assignments of this type are required only once for users.
- Default value: RCD with course due 365 days from user's previous completion.
- Default value: 90 days.
Additional Information about Initial Training
There are two ways a user can receive an Initial Training assignment.
The most common way is when the user receives the course assignment for the first time. This occurs when a user is added to Compliance, or when a user is added to an audience to which the course is already assigned. In either case, the user has never completed this course.
The second way a user can receive Initial Training is when the course is assigned to the user following a previous assignment of the same course, but the previous assignment is removed or no longer exists. In this case, the user may have a previous completion, but that completion is no longer valid.
First time assignment:
Emily is hired on 1/1/2019. Any course assigned to Emily are Initial Training.
Sofia was a supervisor in 2018, and completed Behavior-based Safety for Supervisors.
In 2019, Sofia changed job roles, and Behavior-based Safety for Supervisors was no longer required for her. As a result, her previous course completion was classified as history.
In 2020, Sofia once again moves into a supervisory role, and Behavior-based Safety for Supervisors is required for her recent job role. The new course assignment is required annually, so her 2018 completion is not valid. As a result, her 2020 assignment is assigned as Initial Training.