Skillsoft Bootcamps and Leadercamps
Skillsoft Bootcamps and Leadercamps are a series of interactive streaming events hosted by live instructors. They allow you to take advantage of the wisdom of industry-leading experts and practitioners. Three to five live sessions are offered each week and last anywhere from two to four hours per session. Following the live event, a recording is available on-demand for replay.
Accessing Skillsoft Bootcamps and Leadercamps
You can access camps in either your web browser or the Percipio mobile app.
From Library, under Showcase, select Skillsoft Bootcamps or Skillsoft Leadercamps to see a list of available events. You can also use search within Percipio to find them.
Here is an example of a Bootcamp channel page in your web browser:
- Live session title: Displays the name of the live event and the date and time the presentation begins.
- Resources menu: Download the course syllabus, student guides, code, class notes, practice exams, .zip files, requirements, and other resources.
- Watch: The live sessions are accessible one hour before the scheduled start time. Before this, you can click here to register.
- Ask a Mentor: The Ask a Mentor feature allows you to chat with a virtual mentor via chat or e-mail if you have questions about the content.
- More actions: Click to add or remove from your playlist or copy a link.
- Replays: On-demand recordings of live sessions are available one day after the session.
Registering for a live session
You can register for live sessions, which are hosted using Zoom.
- Prior to the session, click Watch on any of the live session tiles.
- On the registration page, provide your information. You can expect a follow-up email prior to the live session.
- At the scheduled time, navigate to the camp in Percipio and click on the scheduled session to launch it in Zoom. If you did not register, you can participate in the live session at the scheduled time.
Technical requirements for Zoom
Live sessions are hosted in Zoom. For the best experience using Zoom, we recommend the following:
- A high-speed internet connection
- A up-to-date web browser that supports HTML5, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge
- Depending on the camp, you may need a PDF reader or browser plug-in
The first time you access a session hosted in Zoom, you may be prompted download the Zoom application. This is not required and you can access the session in your browser if do not want or cannot install the application.
For up-to-date information from Zoom, visit their system requirements page.