Download Course Content
After you install Skillsoft Course Manager, you can download course content.
To download course content
- Log in to Skillport.
- Browse the catalog or use SEARCH&LEARN to locate the course that you want to download.
- Move your mouse over the title of the asset, and click the Show Details link that appears.
- Click to download the course.
Depending on the course, you might be prompted to download and install a player, such as the Classic player or the E3 player. If you installed all available content players when you installed Skillsoft Course Manager, you do not receive this prompt.
- If you are prompted to install the required player, click Yes or OK.
Note: If you are running Windows 2000/XP, you need to have Power User Rights or higher on your PC. The installation will not properly complete if you do not have these rights.
The Skillsoft Course Manager opens with the Download tab active.The Download tab is a hierarchical listing of the course title, lesson titles, and topic titles for the course you want to download. Not all courses provide the same level of download options. In some cases, you may only be able to download the entire course.
- On the Download tab of the Skillsoft Course Manager, select the check box corresponding to each course, lesson, or topic that you want to download.
- To download the entire course, select the check box to the left of the course title. This automatically selects all of the lessons and topics in the course.
- To download a particular lesson, select the check box to the left of the lesson title. This automatically selects all of the topics within the lesson; it also selects the course title so you know the course in which the lesson exists.
- To download a particular topic, select the check box to the left of the topic. This automatically selects that topic, the lesson title, and the course title, so you know the course and the lesson in which the topic exists.
- Click Download Now.
- After the content download is complete, click OK in notification dialog.
Note: If you want to download additional courses, you must close the Skillsoft Course Manager and reopen it by restarting this procedure. To close the Skillsoft Course Manager, click EXIT.