Browse a Web-Accessible CATALOG
In the CATALOG, learning assets and learning programs are logically organized into curricula by subject matter, where each curriculum is represented by a folder. You can browse the catalog and find learning assets by traversing the hierarchy of folders and subfolders. As you do, be aware of the following:
- Due to the nature of their content, you cannot browse for SkillBriefs or job aids directly. You can find these by browsing for a course that includes them, or by searching for them directly using SEARCH&LEARN.
- You cannot browse for books and videos available from Books 24x7 directly. You can find these by using SEARCH&LEARN or accessing Books 24x7 directly.
Tip: To quickly search for a specific learning asset, use SEARCH&LEARN instead.
To browse the web-accessible SkillPort catalog
- Select CATALOG on the shortcuts menu on the left side of the page.
- Select Course Curricula, and then select the link corresponding to the language-specific folder that you want.
- Select the link corresponding to the next catalog folder that you want to open, and repeat the process until you reach the learning assets that you want.
You can return to a folder higher in the catalog hierarchy by selecting it in the breadcrumb trail, as shown in the following image.
- From this point, you can do the following:
- To open or start the asset, select (Launch <asset name>).
- To add the asset to MY PLAN, select the title, and then select .
- To view more information about an asset (including related assets such as Job Aids or SkillBriefs), select the title to view the asset's summary page.
From the summary page, you can return to your current location in the CATALOG by selecting Back to Catalog at the top of the page. You can also perform additional actions using the available icons. The specific actions can depend on the type of learning asset and the configuration of your SkillPort site. For example, you might be able to download courses.