View a Web-Accessible MY PLAN
MY PLAN contains the listing of the learning assets that you and your manager (or training administrator) have assigned to you for completion. You can use it to address specific development goals and to keep track of assets that you frequently access. When your manager adds a learning asset to your MY PLAN, you are automatically notified by email.
The learning assets in MY PLAN are contained in the following top-level folders:
- Assigned: Contains the learning assets that have been assigned to you by your manager. This folder is not shown if it is empty, and you cannot modify its contents. The assets are always listed in the order they were assigned.
- Personal: Contains the learning assets that you have assigned to yourself. This folder is always shown. You can modify the contents of this folder by creating custom subfolders, moving assets into different subfolders, reordering assets, and deleting assets (see Managing Your Learning Assets).
- Evaluations: Contains course evaluations that you can complete. After you complete a course that has an association course evaluation, the course evaluation is added to this folder. This folder is not shown if it is empty.
As you review the learning assets in your plan, be aware of the following:
- Assets remain in your MY PLAN until you manually remove them.
- The same asset can appear multiple times in a view. This can happen for several reasons. For example, you may have added the same asset to two different personal folders, both you and your manager may have added it to your MY PLAN, or it appears in different catalog folders that have been added to your MY PLAN. As another example, if you are enrolled in a learning program or Live Learning course both individually and as a group, the learning asset can appear twice in your MY PLAN: once as a personal asset, and a second time as an asset assigned by your manager.
- If your manager adds a learning asset to your plan, but you have already completed the asset, it does not appear in your plan.
- After you complete a recurring asset, it is identified as completed in MY PROGRESS (because you have completed it once). However, it also remains in MY PLAN, and its due date is reset according to how its recurrence is specified. Recurring assets are often used by organizations that require you to repeat training at specified intervals in order to maintain certifications. (For more information, see Recurring Assets and Add a Learning Asset to a Web-Accessible MY PLAN.)
To view a web-accessible MY PLAN
- Select MY PLAN on the navigation panel on the left.
Note: For information on the status indicators that you see in MY PLAN, see MY PLAN Icons.
- Select the name of the folder that contains the learning assets or subfolders that you want to view, and repeat this step as many times as needed.
You can return to a higher-level folder by selecting its name in the breadcrumb trail.
- From this point, you can do the following:
- To open or start an asset, select (Launch <asset name>).
- To view more information about an asset, select its title. You can return to your plan by selecting My Plan in the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page.
- To edit the information for an asset that you have assigned to yourself, select (Edit <asset name>), change the information, and select OK. For information on the settings you can configure, see Add a Learning Asset to a Web-Accessible MY PLAN.
- To remove an asset that you have assigned to yourself, select (Remove <asset name>).
- To move an asset that you have assigned to yourself (or to move a folder that you have created) up or down within the current folder, select (Up <asset name>) or (Down <asset name>), respectively.
- To move an asset that you have assigned to yourself (or to move a folder that you have created) into a different folder, select (Change Folder <asset name>), select the folder from the Select Folder drop-down list, and select Submit.