Add a Learning Asset to a Web-Accessible MY PLAN
Note: Depending on the configuration of your site, one or more of the features described in this topic might not be available.
You (and your manager or training administrator) can add learning assets to MY PLAN. Typically, you do so to address specific development goals, but you can also add assets to your plan just to keep track of those that you access frequently.
You cannot add an asset to MY PLAN if your manager or training administrator has already added that asset for you. However, your manager or administrator can add an asset that you have already added. In this case, the existing asset is simply moved to the Assigned folder in your MY PLAN, and any progress you have made on the asset is retained.
You can set up an email reminder for any asset in your MY PLAN, whether it was self-assigned or administrator-assigned. This can assist you in completing the asset on time. However, be aware that an administrator can force a reminder (and override yours if you have set one up) for administrator-assigned assets.
To add a learning asset to MY PLAN
- Find a learning asset by browsing the CATALOG or by searching for a word or phrase using SEARCH&LEARN.
- Select the title of the learning asset (to display its summary page), and then select .
- If you have one or more custom folders in MY PLAN, under Select Folder, do one of the following:
- If you want to add the asset to a custom folder, select the corresponding Select this folder link.
- If you want to add the asset to the main MY PLAN folder, select the Add this item to the main My Plan folder link.
The Add to My Plan dialog appears.
- Do the following:
- If desired, for Goal, enter a phrase that describes the goal for completing the asset.
- If a due date is required or desired, select the Due date check box, and then use the Calendar controls to select a date. Depending on the configuration of your site, a due date might be required, optional, or not possible to specify.
Note: The next setting is only available if your site has been configured to support training compliance requirements, and, therefore, recurring assets. This is typically the case when your organization requires you to repeat training at specified intervals in order to maintain certifications.
- If desired, select the Recurrence check box to indicate that the learning asset must be repeated at a specific interval (that is, it should be treated like a recurring asset). Then enter a number, and select the type of time interval to use (Days, Weeks, Months, or Years).
- If you specified a due date for the asset, you can specify whether and how often a reminder should be emailed to you. To set up a reminder, select the Reminder check box. Then select the time interval (Once, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly), and enter when the first reminder should be emailed (N days, weeks, or months before the due date, where N is a number you specify).
The reminder e-mail contains direct links to the asset itself and to its summary page.
- If you want to be emailed a notice if the asset's due date has passed, select the Overdue notices check box. The system will send an email the day after the due date and every 7 days thereafter until you complete the asset or remove it from MY PLAN.
Note: The Overdue notices setting is only available if you are adding an individual course to MY PLAN (and for no other type of asset). Moreover, it is not available if you are adding a curriculum folder of courses from the CATALOG since the folder will contain multiple courses that may be in varying stages of completion.
- If available, and if completion of the asset is required, select the Required check box. This setting has no impact on the system's behavior. Required assets are simply designated as such in MY PLAN using a red asterisk ().
- Click OK.