Link an Evaluation to Learning Assets
You must link an evaluation to one or more learning assets so that it is available to users. You can link an evaluation to the following types of assets:
- Live Learning courses (LLCs)
- Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses
- Learning programs
- Business Exploration Series assets
- Skillsoft Advantage assets
- External learning objects (ELOs)
To link an evaluation to learning assets
- Click Content > Evaluations on the navigation bar.
The Evaluation Manager page appears.
- Select the evaluation you want to link, and click Link.
The Link Items page appears, showing the assets in the left pane and the linked items in the right pane. You can resize the panes on this page to adjust the viewing window.
The Link Items page has three main areas:
- Search panel: Use this panel at the top to specify the evaluation to link to from those available in the drop-down menu, as well as to choose search criteria when you search for folders and assets. For more information on this search tool, see Search for Assets and Folders.
- All Items pane: Use this pane to browse the assets in their current state (linked or unlinked), or to browse the results of a search.
- Items Linked to pane: Use this pane to view the assets that are linked to the selected evaluation. In this pane, you can also specify whether evaluations are required or optional, as well as unlink assets from an evaluation.
If desired, you can modify the presentation of the data on the page. To sort the assets, click the desired column header. To change the sort order, click the column header again. Or, click the down arrow next to the column header, and click Sort Ascending or Sort Descending on the menu.
- In Link Items to, select the desired evaluation.
For more information on the menu options on this page, see Options When Linking Evaluations.
Note: An evaluation will no longer appear if an asset that it was linked to was uninstalled from the Content Installer tab.
- In the All Items pane, select an asset or group of assets.
- To select a range of assets, press and hold the Shift key, then click the first and last items in the range.
- To select multiple assets, press and hold the Ctrl key, then click the desired items in the list.
- Click Link. The selected assets display in the Items Linked to pane.
You can also drag and drop selected assets into the right hand pane to link them to the selected evaluation.
To require users to complete an evaluation after completing a linked asset, select Required. Otherwise, an evaluation remains optional for the user to complete.
Note: For required evaluations, the user is prompted to complete the evaluation after completing the linked asset. If the user does not complete the evaluation at that time, a reminder message displays whenever the user subsequently logs in to Skillport. Required evaluations cannot be deleted from a user's My Plan folder. If the evaluation is optional, a user is not required to complete the evaluation, and he can delete the evaluation from his My Plan folder.
- When you are finished linking assets to evaluations, click Exit.
- Assign the asset(s) with a linked evaluation to a user's My Plan using the My Plan Assignment tab.
The specified evaluation displays in the Summary page for the linked asset and in the user's My Plan upon their completion of the asset.
Note: Content that cannot be completed (for example, Job Aids, SkillBriefs, and Express Guides) does not place an evaluation in a user's My Plan.