Request a Waiver for an Asset
If enabled on your site, you can request to waive a learning asset from your assigned learning.
To be exempt from completing a learning asset that has been added to your MY PLAN by an administrator, you can request a waiver for the asset. You can do this for all types of assets except the following:
- Entire learning programs (although you can request waivers for individual assets within the learning program)
- Live Learning courses
- Job Aids
If a waivable asset is a recurring asset, that is, you must repeat it at specified intervals, you can request a waiver each time that you must complete the asset. You can do so once the open window for completing the asset begins. To learn when that window begins, contact your manager.
Note: If your organization uses email notifications, you'll receive an email with your approval manager's decision. Your MY PROGRESS and MY PLAN also display the decision with icons: Completed shows the waiver was granted; Not Started (no icon) or In Progress shows the waiver was denied, and therefore the asset must be completed.
To request a completion waiver for an asset
- Click MY PLAN on the navigation panel on the left.
- Navigate to the asset for which you want to request a waiver.
- Hover your mouse over the title, and click the Show Details link that appears.
The asset details appear below the title.
- Click (Waiver Request). The Waiver Request dialog box appears:
- Do one of the following:
- If you do not want to send a notification email about the waiver request to an approval manager:
- Enter a note regarding the request.
- Click Send. The note appears to all users who can approve your request in their list of pending requests in SkillPort and your waiver request is submitted.
- If you want to send a notification email about the waiver request to a specific approval manager:
- Enter a note.
- Select Send Email to Selected Approval Manager.
- Select the approval manager from the drop-down list provided.
- Click Send. The waiver request is submitted to the specified approval manager.
Note: If you did not select a specific approval manager, the note appears to all users who can approve your request in their list of pending requests in SkillPort (including any individual users assigned by an administrator to be your approval manager, as well as your company administrator and super administrator). If you selected a specific approval manager, an email informing that approval manager of your request is sent.
The email address of a super administrator or company administrator displays in the drop-down list only if that administrator is in your group hierarchy.