Link a Keyword to Assets
You can link a keyword to any asset for which you can browse or search, for example, courses, books, and SkillBriefs.
To link a keyword to assets
- Click Content > Keywords on the navigation bar.
- Select the keyword, and click Links.
- In the Browse Catalog pane, locate the asset to which you want to link the keyword. You can do this in 2 ways:
- Browse the Catalog by navigating through its structure.
- Search for the asset using the search fields at the top of the page. For detailed information on the search tool, including tips on creating search expressions, see Search for Assets and Folders.
- In the left pane, select the asset.
Note: You can also select a folder in the Catalog. If you do this, all assets currently in the folder and its subfolders will be linked to the keyword. Since linking a large number of assets can be time-consuming, if you select a folder that contains more than 25 assets, you will be prompted to confirm the action.
In addition, be aware that if the contents of a folder subsequently change, there is no effect on any asset's keywords. You must manually link or unlink assets as needed.
- Click Link. Or, you can drag and drop the asset into the right pane.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 as needed.
- Click Save & Exit.
Note: There may be a short delay before your changes affect Catalog searches while the database is updated accordingly. Links to books can require the most time (typically, a maximum of 5 minutes) to be applied and begin working in searches.