You can publish courses as well as passive content directly to your Skillport site by enabling the Skillsoft Publisher from within the Admin menu.
To configure Publisher
- Click Configuration > Features > Publisher on the top navigation bar.
- Configure the settings as needed:
- Enable Publisher - Select yes to enable the Publisher option in the Admin menu. The default setting is no.
- Publisher URL - The url of the Publisher site that is provided by Skillsoft.
- Allow seamless login for:
Publisher - This check box is enabled by default. Clearing this option will hide the Publisher link on the Content tab.
Upload Passive Content - This check box is enabled by default. Clearing this option hides the Upload Passive Content link on the Content tab.
- Publisher Company ID - The company ID provided to you by Skillsoft. Maximum character limit is 50 characters.
- Publisher URL Timeout - The number of minutes that pass before Publisher times out due to inactivity. Characters are limited to numbers 0-9 and can be a maximum of three characters long.
- Publisher Error Text - The error message that appears when the Publisher application is not available. You can modify this text message to fit your company's needs. There is a 255 character limit for error message text.
- Click Submit to save your changes, or click Cancel to return to the main Admin menu.
- A message appears stating that your Publisher Settings have been updated. You can now view the Publisher options that you have enabled from the Content tab: