Test a Live Event's Streaming
You may want to test your browser's streaming to ensure that you can successfully view the Live Event.
To test a Live Event's streaming
- Click the Live Event link to launch the Live Event Viewer.
The Live Event Viewer launches in a separate browser window.
- Prior to the Live Event, an inactive Live Event link and a Test link display in the Play Options box on the launch page. The Live Event link becomes active approximately 60 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Click Test to test connectivity and to verify that you have Adobe Flash version 10 or higher installed.
Note: If you do not have Flash 10 or higher installed, you are given the option to view the event via Windows Media Player 9 or higher.
Download the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the latest version of Microsoft Windows Media Player.
- Return to the launch page to view the Live Event.
Note: If you need assistance, click Technical Support in the viewer.
- If you experience interruptions while viewing the Windows Media Player stream, you may need to change your Network Buffering Option as follows:
- While viewing a program, right-click on the Windows Media Player screen and select Options.
- Click on the Performance tab.
- Go to Network Buffering and click Buffer (a green circle lights up on your selection and disappears from Use Default Buffering).
- Type in 30 seconds.
- Click Apply on the bottom-right of the screen.
©2016 Skillsoft Ireland Limited