Add External Learning
You can add external learning items to your Compliance Library. You can then assign the external learning to your users as a learning plan assignment, or include the external learning in a Learning Program or as a prerequisite.
- You cannot add courses to Compliance through the Library.
- Adding an external learning object to the Library does not allow you to actually upload content to Compliance. See
About External Learning Objectsfor more information.
To add external learning to the library
- Select + Add External Learning.
- Enter the following information, then select Save and return to library.
- Course Title: Enter the title as you would like it to appear on the Learning Plan.
- Course Number: If you use a numbering system to catalog your courses, enter it here.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the item.
- Content Type: Select one of the following types:
- Link: URL-based asset that launches directly from the learner’s learning plan. This content type also requires you to select a Completion option. It is the only type that a learner can launch directly from Percipio.
- Classroom: instructor-led training that happens in a classroom setting. Learners cannot launch this content type from a learning program and the administrator must record completions.
- Offline: formal training that takes place offline, but not in a classroom setting. Learners cannot launch this content type from a learning program and the administrator must record completions
- Other: for any trackable activity that does not fit in one of the other categories. Learners cannot launch this content type from a learning program and the administrator must record completions.
- URL Link: If the content type is Link, enter the URL that learners use to access it.
- Completion Option: If the content type is Link, you can choose whether or not the learner sees a completion dialog after launching the item. Select from the following options:
- Show course confirmation dialogue: With this option, a course completion dialog displays after the learner launches the content. The learner can confirm completion, or cancel without confirming. If completion is confirmed, the item is automatically marked complete in Compliance administrator and the item moves to the learner's History in the Learning Plan.
- Do NOT show confirmation dialogue: With this option, the item is automatically marked complete immediately after the learner launches the link, and no confirmation dialogue displays.
- Upload completions manually:With this option, no dialog displays to the learner, and the item completion is not marked. Administrators must manually enter a completion for the item for each learner.
- Author: Enter the name of the author or owner of the external learning.
- Version: Enter a version number here to help you track the most recent version of the external learning item.
- Custom text: Add any information that is outside of a description or learning objectives.
- Learning Objectives: Write the learning objectives for the item being added to the library.
- Intended Audience: Enter the target audience.
- Date Added: Enter the date the item was approved. This will allow you to keep track of the most recent version.
- Course Duration: Enter the estimated time to complete this item.
- CEUs: Specify Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that may be earned for completion of this item. CEUs are included in .csv versions of the “Training Status”, “Exemptions/Equivalencies”, and “Completions Only” reports for Users and Groups.
- Cost: If you track cost for items, enter the cost for the user to complete the item here. Cost is shown on the Training Status report.
- Equivalency: If you select “No” for equivalencies, equivalencies cannot be assigned for this item for any reason.
- Exemption: If you select “No” for exemptions, exemptions cannot be assigned for this item for any reason.