Completions and Waivers
Percipio offers site admins, learning admins, and managers the ability to grant a completion or waiver for learners who meet completion requirements outside of Percipio. The two types of completion are:
- Admin override: Use the admin override when you want to provide a learning equivalency giving the learner credit for learning time, and granting them a Digital Badge and a completion certificate, when applicable. Admin override example: The learner attends a watch party event with colleagues, and meets all completion criteria through discussion and worksheets, or the learner took a course using a duplicate or trial account and they need to show completion on their correct account.
- Waiver: Use this option when learners are exempt from taking the content.Waiver example: The learner was out on maternity leave during the training requirement window or is among a class of employees not required to take the training, but to continue with an assignment or journey, the item must be marked complete.
Before granting any completion, review the following important information:
- Once you grant any type of completion, you cannot revoke it. If you grant an admin override, the learners keeps their Digital Badge and completion certificate.
- You can grant completions for the following asset types: courses, videos, books, book summaries, audiobooks, audio summaries, live courses (including Bootcamps and Leadercamps), and linked content including standards-based courses, partner content, hosted files, and external links.
- You cannot grant completions for: Skill Benchmarks, Labs, TestPreps, tracks, journeys or assignments.
- You can only grant an admin override, not a waiver, for live courses. For custom live courses the actual duration is always estimated duration.
- Items marked with any type of completion contribute toward completion of an assignment, track, or journey.
- Learners can't claim courses that you waive or override for NASBA CPE or PMI PDU credit. They must complete the course themselves for credit. They can view all videos and take all knowledge checks and tests after a completion is granted to receive credit.
- You can grant a completion for up to 1,000 learners at one time for one content item.
- Information about reporting:
- Reports do not distinguish completion types. The status of a content item that is completed by the learner themselves, or granted an override or waiver, shows as Completed.
- Started date will be the date the completion was issued, unless the learner started the content prior to the completion being issued, then it will be the date the learner started the item.
- Completed date will be the date that the completion was issued, unless the content was completed prior to the completion being issued, then it will be the date the learner completed the item.
- If a learner starts, but does not complete, a content item before being granted a completion, you may see duration and scores in reports.
- If you add a past date for the admin override completion, the record only shows on reports filtered to include that past date.
- Information about the admin override completion type:
- Admin overrides include learning time (if specified).
- Admin override give the learner a permanent Digital Badge and certificate of completion (if available).
- Admin overrides count toward a learner's learning goals.
- If a learner started a content item prior to being granted an override, the time spent in the item prior is added to the time granted in the override and displays in reports.
- If a learner started a content item prior to being granted an override, the learner retains any scores achieved.
- If the learner completed a course prior to being granted an override, the learner's completion is retained and the admin override is ignored.
- You can add a completion date as far back as January 1, 2017, when Percipio launched.
- Information about the waiver completion type:
- Waivers do not include learning time.
- Waivers are not eligible for a Digital Badge or certificate of completion.
- Waivers do not count toward a learner's learning goals.
- If a learner started a content item prior to being granted a waiver, the time spent in the item prior is retained.
- If a learner started a content item prior to being granted a waiver, the learner retains any scores achieved.
- If the learner completed a course prior to being granted a waiver, the learner's completion is retained and the waiver is ignored.
To grant a completion:
- From the Learning menu, select Completions & Waivers.
- Select Grant new completion.
- Add your learners or audiences that need the completion. You can select up to 1000 total learners either individually or through audiences.
- Select one content item. You can only grant a completion for one item at a time.
- Select Next, select completion type.
- Choose either Admin override or Waiver. If you select Admin Override, enter the duration to credit the learners. If you selected a live course, the duration is automatically the length specified in the live course.
- Enter an optional explanation as to why you are granting the override. You can use up to 200 characters. This helps with record keeping at a later date.
- Select Next: Review selections.
- Review your learners, content item, and completion type before selecting Next, Grant completion. You cannot revoke a completion once your make it.
- Select Yes, grant completion to confirm it. Learners can see granted completions in their Activity page by selecting more actions and View details for a particular item.
The Completion & Waivers page displays a list of all admin overrides and waivers granted. It contains the following information:
- LEARNER NAME: The first and last name of the learner who got the completion.
- CONTENT TITLE: The title of the asset.
- CONTENT TYPE: The type of content: course, video, book, etc.
- COMPLETION TYPE: ADMIN for admin override or WAIVER for waiver.
- LEARNING HOURS: The amount of time specified for an admin override.
- DATE GRANTED: The date the completion was granted.
- GRANTED BY: The person who granted the completion.
To review the completions made:
- From the Learning menu, select Completions & Waivers.
- On the Completion & Waiver page, search for the item you want to view or sort by the column headings.
- Select the More Action menu, View details.
- To download all the information in one report, select Download as CSV.