- Run the Tomcat 5.0.28 install from the Relayer Install Kit.
During the install, a message displays:
Using Java Development Kit found in <directory where you installed SDK>.
- Click OK to close the message.
Note: If you do not see this message, the SDK is not being detected. Return to the previous section to install the SDK and define the JAVA_HOME system variable, and then restart the Tomcat install.
- Select NT Service in the Installation Options window.
- When prompted for an installation directory, specify a configuration path or accept the default path. Take note of the path that you specify for later in this configuration.
- Accept the HTTP/1.1 Connector Port default of 8080 unless you are running Oracle or another application on that port. If so, specify an unused port.
Note: If you change Tomcat port, you must use that port in the commands described in various sections of this document. Substitute the value of localhost:8080 with the port that you just specified.
- Enter a Tomcat Admin username and password. Note your Tomcat admin username and password.
- Verify that your Tomcat installation was successful. Open a browser and enter the following URL.
- A login page should appear where you may enter your Tomcat administrator username and password (that you specified above).
- If this page does not appear or you fail to log in, Tomcat is NOT installed correctly. If you are running Oracle or another application is using port 8080, you must change the port setting for Tomcat. Proceed to the Customize Tomcat to use a Different Port section of this document.
- If changing the port setting does not resolve this issue, do not proceed. Contact your Technical Support.