Approve or Deny an Approval Request
Depending on the configuration of your site, if you are an approval manager for learners, you can approve or deny approval requests for the following:
- Learning events
- Enrollments in learning programs, Live Learning courses, and Instructor Led Training (ILT) sessions
- Development Plan changes
- Requests to restart courses after the maximum number of test attempts has been reached
- Requests to waive completion of assigned assets in learning plans. The exceptions to this are the following:
- Learning programs as a whole (only individual assets within the learning program can be granted waivers)
- Live Learning courses
- ILT sessions
- Learning events
To approve or deny an approval request
- Click Quick Links > Approval Manager at the top of the page.
The Approval Manager page displays.
- Locate the pending request you want to approve or deny.
Note: Once you approve or deny a Development Plan, it cannot be undone. Be sure you select the correct request prior to continuing.
- Click in the Actions column corresponding to the request.
A dialog box displays that includes information about the selected request.
- If applicable, review the learner's note.
Note: If a learner's note exceeds the space restraints in a window, an ellipsis (...) appears at the end of the viewable text. To see the learner's note in its entirety, hover your mouse over the ellipsis and the full text appears in a pop-up window.
- In Details, view the contents of the request.
- If applicable, enter notes to the learner.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Approve to approve the request.
- Click Deny to deny the request.
- Click Cancel to close the Request window without approving or denying the request.
The status of the request displays on the Approval Manager page as either Approved or Denied. If you did not approve or deny the request, the status displays as Pending.
- To view a summary of the request, click in the Actions column.
- To view and print a report of the request, click in the Actions column. Or, click Print Report in the upper-right corner of the page.