New Features and Enhancements (October 2019)
The following new features and enhancements are available as of the date below.
Percipio Learner for the Web
You can view your login name, user ID, a Change Password link, and the email address associated with your user ID on the new Account Information page under the My Profile menu in Percipio.
For more information, see Account Information.
When signing in to Percipio, if you do not have an email address in your user profile, Percipio may display a notification that asks you for it.
Providing your email address enables Percipio to send your password reset emails, Welcome emails and reminders, assignment reminders, new content offerings, and more.
When signing in to Percipio, if learners do not have an email address in their user profile, Percipio displays a notification that asks them for it.
By default, this option is available on all Percipio sites. If you prefer Percipio to not collect emails from your learners directly, you can disable this feature and instead add the email addresses via the email field on the Edit a User page or using the Batch Upload feature.
For more information, see Email Collection.
Next month, you can capture the attention of your learners and drive engagement with personalized re-engagement emails — a series of encouraging, automated reminders delivered to users who may have lost sight of their development track. The notifications reach the modern learner by presenting meaningful and relevant content based on their specific interests and career goals.
- By default, organizations will be opted-in to these automatic emails.
- As of October 19, you will have up to 30 days to opt out of sending these emails. After the 30 days, automatic Re-engagement emails will be delivered to your learners who have not accessed Percipio in the last month.
- To opt out, disable the Allow Percipio to send emails containing new and recommended content to learners who have not recently accessed your site setting on the Notifications page.
You can opt in or out of these notifications at any time. For more information about these notifications, see Re-engagement Emails.
Three new reports are available for Aspire Journeys:
- The Journey Summary report provides a complete summary of an Aspire Journey's number of unique learners, completions, accesses, and estimated hours of content.
- The Journey User Summary report provides a summary of a learner's engagement and progress within a specific Aspire Journey.
- The Journey User Details report provides metrics on a learner's engagement and progress within a specific Aspire Journey.
For more information about reporting, see Reports.
The download speed for the Learner Activity report's CSV file is now faster.
Aspire Journeys have a new and improved experience based on simple, linear paths that offer a comprehensive curriculum with hands-on practice and assessments. The tracks and learning paths within these Journeys are designed around expertise levels defined by skills, knowledge, and achievements, and a new Journeys Dashboard displays a description, a list of included content, and an estimated duration for completion.
The new experience includes:
- a new Journeys dashboard that displays a description, a list of included content, and an estimated duration for completion,
- a Before You Begin section,
- a prescribed, organized sequence of content, and
- a curated list of books and other optional resources.
Aspire offers two types of Journeys:
- the Technology & Developer Journeys are enhanced with updated content.
- a new initial Leadership Journey includes 10 short tracks with courses, book summaries, and optional practice assets to guide learners in building competencies and advancing their careers. Additional Leadership Journeys are in development with plans to release in the new year; for more information about these updates, contact your Skillsoft representative.
Aspire Journeys are available via the Percipio for the Web and the Percipio Mobile App. For more information about what Aspire Journeys offer, see Aspire Journeys.
Percipio Learner for the Web
You can now download and print your NASBA CPE certificate of completion from the Activity page. The certificate shows the credits, your name, course title, and date, as well as the necessary verification information required by state boards.
For more information, see Certificates of Completion.
You can use the new NASBA CPE tab on the Activity page to view a list of all your accessed NASBA CPE courses, their completion status, and any associated NASBA CPE certificates of completion.
For more information, see NASBA CPE Courses.
- A new Aspire Journeys filter type is available when searching content. The filter displays the number of courses in your search results.
- The Training Credits filter displays the number of courses in your search results that are eligible for NASBA CPE training credits.
- Two new filters were added to search. You can now filter search results by Expertise level and Duration.
- The Search filters now display on the left side of the page. To improve search results, filter counts are now update based on the filter selections. You can filter by type, training credits, expertise level, and asset duration:
You can now take an optional course survey on all Skillsoft courses to provide us with feedback about your experience.
For more information, see Course Feedback.
Now when you retire hosted custom content (including single files, SCORM packages, and AICC packages), you can opt to remove the content from the server and reclaim that storage space.
For more information, see Regain Hosting Storage Space.
You can now change the Days to complete within an In Progress assignment. This gives you more flexibility to extend due dates for your learners. Days to complete continue to be calculated from a learner's original start date.
You can also now add individual users and audiences to In Progress assignments.
Percipio Mobile App (typically releases within 5 days of platform release)
- You can now filter search results based on expertise level.
- When you click , subject recommendations automatically display under the Search bar.
- New Aspire Journeys and NASBA CPE filters are available when searching content.
For more information, see Search for Content in the App.