Digital Badges are visual, shareable, and verifiable records that represent your accomplishments of select Percipio courses you have successfully completed. When learning in a Skillsoft Aspire Journey, you can also earn Digital Badges for completing tracks and the journey itself. You can share your achievements in email or social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
When you earn a Digital Badge, it contains metadata content that validates who earned it, when it was issued, and for what course. They are built on the Open Badges specification.
Digital Badges are records of your professional development, designed for today’s environment. They are:
- Personalized. Use Digital Badges to showcase your achievements in the learning experiences that are tailored to your unique growth and development plan.
- Progressive. Digital Badges are authentic and verifiable, adhering to a trusted online standard for recognizing success in learning. Digital badges establish a new way of accelerating your professional brand.
- Portable. Digital Badges are records of accomplishment that are yours to keep. They are instantly shareable on social media, via email, or across the web. Anyone who views your Digital Badge can see the issuer and the completion requirements, thanks to embedded data that is secured in a blockchain.
You can earn a Digital Badge on select Skillsoft courses that display a badge icon: .
You can also earn Digital Badges while learning in Skillsoft Aspire Journeys. Digital Badges are available for completing each track within an Aspire Journey, and a separate badge can be earned for completing the entire Aspire Journey.
Search results page: A badge icon displays next to the title of eligible courses in your search results.
To earn a Digital Badge, you must successfully complete the course requirements.
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, your Digital Badge generates. You can view your Digital Badge in a few different ways:
Select My Profile > Digital Badges to open your Digital Badges page. You only see this option if you earned Digital Badges.
Sort the list of Digital Badges by type or date and locate the badge for the course you want. Select it and follow the instructions to access and share your badge.
- Click My Profile > Digital Badges. The Digital Badges page displays.
One of the benefits of digital credentials is the ability to share them. You can share Digital Badges on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) or via email with your manager. See Share your Digital Badge for more information.
No, you do not have to share your Digital Badges.
Yes, but you must manually change the privacy setting for each Digital Badge you wish to hide from public view. To do this, you must sign into your Skillsoft Digital Badge page.
To make a Digital Badge private
- From your Skillsoft Digital Badge page, click the Digital Badge you wish to make private.
- Sign in with the email address associated with your Percipio user ID (listed on your Percipio Account Information page). Once you sign in, the Sign in link changes to your name.
- Click your name > Settings to view your Digital Badge account information.
- Click Change Privacy Settings.
- Switch the Make my credential Public toggle off.
- Click Update Privacy.
You will always have access to, and can share, any Digital Badges you earn.
Yes. The name on your Digital Badges is created based on the details of your user profile. To update your user profile, you must contact your Percipio Site Admin.
Once your name is updated in Percipio, the next time you earn a Digital Badge, an update processes and generates the new Digital Badge with the name change. When the update processes, it also modifies all prior Digital Badges to display the name change.