Create a New Assignment
You can create assignments for entire audiences and/or individual learners. Audiences are comprised of learners who have a defined set of user attributes. When you assign user attribute values to learners, they are automatically added to one or more audiences if the assigned user values match the audience definition.
Site Admins can create assignments for any audience or learner in Percipio. Learning Admins can create assignments for their audiences and the learners within their audiences.
1. Your organization has an audience called New Hires, which contains a user attribute called new_hire. This user attribute has two values: true and false.
2. The New Hires audience includes those users with the new_hire user attribute set to true.
3. You want to create an assignment specifically for the New Hires audience (new_hire = true).
4. When a new user is added to your site, with a new_hire user attribute set to true, they automatically becomes a member of the New Hires audience, and receives the assignment created for that audience, with the relative due date set in the assignment.
To create a new assignment
- From the Admin menu, click LEARNING > Assignments. The Assignments page displays.
- Click New Assignment. The New assignment page displays.
- Enter the Assignment name.
- Using the drop-down list, associate a Business Objective with the assignment.
This association is used to build alignment metrics for your organization. These metrics are available from the Assignments dashboard.Available Business Objectives
- Cost control: Formal and informal efforts made by managers to monitor, evaluate, and reduce expenditures.
- Customer satisfaction: Efforts focused on increasing the number of customers whose reported experience with a firm, its products, or its services exceeds specified satisfaction goals.
- Employee engagement: Quality and quantity of discretionary effort employees are willing to apply to the organization and its goals.
- Revenue Growth: Efforts designed to increase the revenue an organization derives from its products and services to customers.
- Innovation: The creation and capture of new value in the marketplace, including new products and services
- Operational effectiveness: Practices that enable the organization to better utilize its operations resources and better implement its processes and procedures
- Quality: Improvement in the quality of products and services produced and delivered by the organization
- Workforce productivity: Amount and impact of work delivered by an employee or group of employees in a specific period of time.
- Enter an Assignment description. This displays to your learners in the assignment details.
- Select a Duration.
- Enter a Start date.
- Enter an End date.
- Enter a Start date.
- Enter the number of Days to complete.
Add users and audiences to the assignment.
- Click Add users and audiences.
- In the search field, enter the name of an audience or individual learner.
- Click .
- Locate the audience or learner you want to assign the content to and click .
- Repeat these steps until you've added all learners and/or audiences.
- Click Add to this Assignment. The Edit Assignment page displays.Note: Prior to an assignment's Start date, if you remove a learner from an assigned audience, the assignment does not display on that learner's Assignment page.
However, if the assignment enters into an In Progress or Completed status, and you remove the learner from an assigned audience after they start the assignment, the assignment still displays on that learner's Assignment page, and all historical data for that learner in relation to the assignment is preserved. If the learner does not start an assignment that is In Progress, the assignment is removed from the learner's Assignment page.
Add content to the assignment.
To enforce a specific order of content, select Content items must be completed in the display order specified. When you select this option, learners cannot access content out of the specified order. They must complete each piece of content before the next, in accordance with the set completion criteria. See Completion Settings for more information about setting course completion criteria. See Complete your Content for each asset type's specific completion criteria requirements.Note: When choosing content to add to an assignment, you can choose content from all license pools installed on your site. If your users do not have access to a content item because their audience is not associated with the appropriate license pool, they see the item in the assignment and cannot launch it. They also cannot complete the assignment.
- Click Add Content.
- In the search field, enter keywords or titles of the content you want to include, then click .
- Click next to each piece of content you want to add to the assignment.
- Repeat these steps until you've added all the content. You can add a maximum of 100 total items.Note: You can add instructor-led training (live course) to an assignment. The learner must register for the class that best meets their schedule, attend the class, and achieve a passing score to achieve completion.
- Click Add Content. The Edit Assignment page displays.
- Drag and drop the content into the order you want it presented to the learner. Alternatively, use the arrow buttons to move content up or down the list.
If you selected the Content items must be completed in the display order specified option, learners must complete each item in the order presented here.
- Click Next: Notify users. The Notify Users page displays. If you want to send assignment emails, set the Send an assignment email toggle to On, and then you can customize your email. You can leave the toggle set to Off if you don't want to send the emails.
- Click one of the following options:
If you add a user or audience to this assignment while it is in an In Progress status, those learners must complete the assignment by the specified End date. If you want all users to have the same number of days to complete an assignment, regardless of when you add them to it, use the Number of days option.
Start, end, and completion dates are in UTC.
If you add a user to an assignment (or if you add a user to an audience with the assignment), she will receive the assignment with a relative due date. See the note in step b.
Start, end, and completion dates are in UTC.
- Save assignment: Saves the assignment, places it into a Draft status, and returns you to the Assignments page. You can modify this assignment later.
- Launch assignment: Places the assignment into one of the following statuses:
- If the Start date is today, the assignment is placed in an In Progress status and the assignment is immediately available to your learners. The email with the assignment details sends at the date and time you specified in step 9. Modifications to the assignment content cannot be made, but you can add a user to the assignment.
- If the Start date is in the future, the assignment is placed in a Scheduled status and the email, if enabled, sends at the date and time you specified in step 9. You can make modifications to all aspects of the assignment until the Start date.
Also, assignments with the same due date are listed by when the assignment is launched, in ascending order, on a learner's assignments page and on the home page.